The highly-criticized Eddystone development offers 19 affordable apartments as the behemoth of Ilitch-holdings in District Detroit maintains a financial hold over the community.
SUBSCRIBE TO BRIDGEDETROIT
Get quality, relevant, multimedia journalism and information that is directly responsive to Detroiters’ information needs and desires.
BridgeDetroit is powered by generous grant support from the Knight, Ford, Erb, Skillman, Kresge, Wilson, McGregor, and Hudson-Webber foundations, the Community Foundation for Southeastern Michigan, and Facebook.
Top Posts & Pages
- Renowned Detroit pastor gave ‘heart, mind and soul to God’s work’
- Detroit farms install monitors to track air pollution
- Eddystone an affordable housing win for ‘vastly incomplete’ District Detroit
- 'Largest-ever’ community benefits deal lacks key demands from residents
- MGM Grand workers ratify new contract, end casino strike
- New Bargain Block season, same appraisal problems
- Can Detroit expand trash pickup without charging residents more?
- Notebook: A Black woman's transit journey
- Three Detroiters picked for Michigan’s first LGBTQ+ commission
- Two members of reparations task force resign within first year